The African spear plant (Sansevieria cylindrica), also known as the cylindrical snake plant, is a type of succulent or snake plant that consists of upright, gray-green, subtly striped leaves. The leaves are cylindrical in shape but narrow to a point at their tips. When grown in optimal conditions, African spear plants might send up a long flower spike from their center that's full of tiny, delicate, white blooms.
Thrives in bright to medium indirect or direct lighting.
- Water every 7 - 14 days, allowing soil to dry out between waterings. Increase watering with increased light.
- These plants can tolerate somewhat low light conditions, but they prefer some full sunlight along with bright filtered light
Sansevieria Cylindrica can be toxic to pets and people when ingested. The reaction is usually mild, but it can cause severe symptoms in small animals or children who ingest a lot of the plant.
Planter Options & Dimensions:
- Giverny (Black, White, Red, Indigo, Coral, Brown): 14 cms Tall x 16 cms Diameter
- Mirabell Ceramic (White, Blush, Black, Red, Coffee, Indigo): 14 cms Tall x 14.5 cms Diameter
- Pozas (Black, White, Red, Indigo, Coral, Brown): 16 cms Tall x 15.5 cms Diameter
*All planters come with their drainage holes.
*Our nursery pots are only available in TERRACOTA color. The rest of our Stoneware Ceramic Planters are available in White, Blush, Black, Red, Coffee & Indigo.
The image makes reference to plant style and color. However, Dásos Sansevierias may vary in size and height.
Each plant comes with its branded care card, direct access to Dásos Farms experts, and our guarantee to be there every step of the way. We aim to make the experience of being a plant parent as wonderful as the plant itself.